An update that went almost unnoticed:
Here is the news of the FPS Counter-Strike Global Offensive signed by Valve, including the many new features brought by the update Operation Hydra. In addition to the 7 free maps designed by the community (Austria, Shipped, Lite, Thrill, Agency, Insertion, Black Gold), Operation Hydra allows gamers to spend €5.99 in order to access the Guardian cooperative campaign, earn a badge that will be optimised as you win, get weapon crates as well as new skins and events that allow you to double your XP. However, the main asset of this update, which has gone almost unnoticed, is the “Hydra Events”.
Indeed, free for several weeks, Valve has launched special game modes. Once a week, you will be able to play in modes like The Wingman. In this mode, 2 teams of 2 gamers will compete to determine in 16 rounds which duo is the best. This update also features Stab Stab Zap, which only allows the use of the knife and a rechargeable taser.
On the menu of “Hydra Events”, the Valve group also offers you :
- Weapons Expert: A classic five-on-five, except that only the purchase of a weapon is allowed.
- Heavy Assault Suit: A bomb defuser! However, there will be a gamer with heavy armour.
- Headshots Only: No need to go into more detail, it’s all in the title!
- Hunters-Gatherers: When they die, gamers drop a medal. The objective is to collect them all in order to win the game.
- The Flying Scoutsman: With less gravity but also limited equipment to the knife and the SSG08 sniper, gamers will need to be very skilled here in order to eliminate themselves!
- Trigger Discipline: Every missed shot takes damage. Honestly, what better way to learn how to aim?
Other points of this update Operation Hydra
This update comes witha new crate and new skins. Another point, Valve has also decided to review the performance of the UMP45 by lowering its damage at range. The aim is to bring this weapon closer to its primary role. Don’t hesitate to visit the official website to check out all the info on the CS-GO update. In addition, don’t hesitate to check our Test on Counter Strike Global Offensive.
Valve closes over 40,000
The Valve group has recently carried out a large wave of bans on Steam, which is its platform for selling dematerialized games. Indeed, no less than 40,000 accounts have been banned from the platform using the VAC anti-cheat system. It should be noted that this wave of bans is the largest in the history of the platform, which had already carried out a similar operation in October 2016 with nearly 15,000 accounts banned. The affected gamers will lose all access to the online functions of games equipped with the VAC protection. The measure mainly concerns Dota 2 and obviously Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.